Sunday, July 19, 2009

More cooking info

In case you wondered, the cooking is still going on. I have had rave reviews on the Chicken Spaghetti and Bar BQ Meatballs, so as new people having needs and situations come up, I've been making what definitely seems to be a winner.


Bar BQ Meatballs have consistently had comments equivalent to 6) It is wonderful! Except my husband who still thinks they are appetizers and thinks he would like them better without the barbq sauce.


Chicken Spaghetti has not had a comment less than that, and many have gone up to 8) which most recently translated to someone calling immediately after eating saying it was one of the best things she had ever eaten.


While the chocolate cake has had similarly high comments of 6-8, for some reason, people rarely had more than a piece when visiting here even for a weekend. My husband kind of forgot about it a few nights during his twilight morning snack. When I commented I probably wouldn't make it again because it wasn't being eaten, he acted surprised again at how good it was. Anyway, it might be best for a big gathering, but is a lot to eat over a few days by a few people.

I am scouting some new things to try and it may be a couple of weeks before I have time to try all of them, but I will keep you informed. Here are a few of the things I am considering. Most focus on something to take to a brunch, except the pasta a la vodka. A restaurant in town makes chicken a la vodka, and no commercial sauce I have bought is anything like it. Maybe this will be it:

Pasta a la Vodka

Here are the potential brunch items. Any preferences?



French breakfast puffs.


Sleepin' in omelet (strata)



Quiche

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I could eat any of it. :(

    Except for the quiche filling...:)

    ReplyDelete