Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Bounty will be plentiful

Now that school is starting, and I will not have as much time on my hands--I suspect the garden will start producing and be difficult to keep up with.
Here is our first corn on the cob--and plenty more ready to pick. It is delicious corn. It is called SILVER QUEEN and actually more white than yellow in color.
Freezing whole ears (with husk and silks off, of course) is suppose to work very well.
Our first mess of green beans, which to me is as good as candy.

I may have some to freeze since the more you pick the more you get.


It looks we may have tons of cucumbers. Now where is my freezer bread and butter pickle recipe that I used oh so many years ago. I will have to also make some kosher dills.

Oh yeah, and when will I have time for all this with school starting???

1 comment:

  1. S loves dill and sweet pickles...not sure about bread and butters though. But now that I've told you that she probably won't eat any of them. So nevermind!

    ReplyDelete