Sunday, August 9, 2009

Good News!


Our formerly ostracized duck seems to have been accepted back into the fold. I have felt so bad for him all summer. Every time he would get close, one mean duck would chase him away. I had noticed lately that they were allowing him to hang out in closer proximity, and he kept pushing the envelope. The new theory is that weak, sick, or injured ducks are ostracized to protect the blood line in breeding. As it became apparent that this duck was no longer injured, they let him back into the group. I'm so happy for the lonely little guy.

Anyway, they are at it again--the birdfeeder. Perhaps it is good for them to clean the hulls on the ground as they benefit from some of the good whole sunflower seeds. (We have found that all the birds love these).

They think I can't see them.


Running away when they realized I could see them.

Im still have not been able to catch a picture of Bob (short tailed squirrel) and his persistent quest for the hanging birdfeeder. He attempted to remount the bird feeder as I repeatedly chased him away because the rule is squirrels have to eat from the ground. He got it twirling and swinging and had to keep trying from various hilarious poses on the fence to jump in. It was too funny watching to leave to get my camera.

Also, no sign of baby turtles yet. I have thought this would be the best time for them since the moon is full and the reflection on the lake is bright. Supposedly, some beaches where sea turtles hatch instruct residence to turn off outside lights and close curtains so baby turtles don't get confused about what direction they should go.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that Mr. Lonely has been accepted back in. They should be happy he accepted THEM back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes me happy...i want a baby turtle.

    ReplyDelete