Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Chocolate Cake

My husband has asked about the chocolate cake or made a smart aleck comment about it smelling good since I mentioned that I would be making it. He only eats sweets at about 3 am nightly when he wakes up hungry. I guess I will make it now. Here is the recipe:


http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/the_best_chocol/

The Pioneer Woman uses a jelly roll type pan and recommends 20 minutes. I used a 9x13 and needed about 35 minutes for the center to bake. I think the larger pan, thinner batter, and 20 minute baking would have made it as moist as she describes it. It is delicious and rich, but not as moist as I expected. I haven't met a chocolate cake I didn't like, and this is delicious. I'd give it a 4-5 now and suspect that less done would be a 6-7.

STOP THE PRESSES, WE HAVE A NEW CATEGORY!
I didn't even have to wait for his 3 am feeding and Stan the Man gives it a "pretty damn good", and then came back in saying, "that's really good and I'm trying to think what it rates right up there with." Imagine if it would have been more moist!

New category listing:
1) I Never Want that in my house again
2) Others may eat it here, but not me
3) It's not bad
4) Its' pretty good
5) I could eat that as part of meals regularly
6) It is wonderful
7) I want that every day for the rest of my life
8) Pretty dam good and doesn't compare with anything

2 comments:

  1. I am going to stop reading this blog if you continue to use such offensive language! Wash that man's mouth out with soap!

    (Look forward to sampling the cake, your house or mine...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm, i want that cake NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete