Thursday, July 9, 2009

Gilmore Girls


I have to admit that I have an unhealthy attachment to the Gilmore Girls. I know the new shows ended 2 years ago, but I was late discovering this and am still catching up. According to the date on my DVR, the last episode was May 15, 2007. This was the same night our power went out about 15 minutes before it started and I never saw much of it until yesterday. The cycle starts over today on ABC family (mid-morning and late afternoon if you are interested) with the very first episode from 2000. I look forward to filling in all the gaps of bits and pieces that I have seen of shows before I was a fan

I watched it the first time late in the season in spring 2006 and quickly fell in love with the quick, witty dialogue. I had heard that this cast typically had 2-3 times the pages in their scripts than most casts of other TV shows the same length. I also fell in love with the quirkly characters in this small town as I got caught up in the emotions between the three ( sometimes 4) generations in this family and the drama with various suitors and friends. The center of it is the awesome relationship between the mother and daughter as she grows up from middle high school and graduating from college. Since I have two daughters myself, I feel this on a personal level too. I would recommend you DVR or tape this show and watch it. I love comedies and this has lots of that in it, but the dramatic element in it may make it my favorite all time television show. I'd love to see a sequel in movie format--as long as everything turns out great for everyone, of course.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should start yet another blog where you write imaginary stories using the characters from GG. Then they could even get published and become a young adult series called "Gilmore Forever." Then you'll be like, all over the talk show circuit and getting interviewed in Parade. And I'll be all, "That's my mom!"

    And then I'll be all, "That was my idea, so give me some money, D."

    ReplyDelete