Monday, July 6, 2009

Today's Recipes

This will be the rating scale for recipes:
1) I Never Want that in my house again
2) Others may eat it here, but not me
3) It's not bad
4) Its' pretty good
5) I could eat that as part of meals regularly
6) It is wonderful
7) I want that every day for the rest of my life

I will add comments from those I am taking these recipes to also and compile those results from time to time.

Today's recipes are Bar BQ Meatballs and green beans, courtesy of Pioneer Woman.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/03/bbq-meatballs-comfort-food-to-the-max/ar

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/fresh-green-beans-one-way/

Comments from the man of house (drum roll please):

Bar B Q meatballs received a 3 with a side note that these are not for a meal, but more of an appetizer needing toothpicks. He does have preconceived ideas about things. The green beans received a 4 with garlic, onions, and red pepper very obviously in with them. That is a shocker to me.

If anyone cares what I think, yesterdays chicken spaghetti was a 6, todays meat balls a 5 since I am willing to eat anything that tastes good for a meal or any other occasion. The green beans received a 4 in my book, very good, but I wonder if half the bacon grease might have been less greasy. I even drained on 2 paper towels and still a little greasy.

I wish I would have had access to step by step instructions with pictures like this when I first got married. My mom did not think she was a good cook, so didn't teach me. I would guess at what it would take to make something look the way it was suppose to. We had lots of laughs and hunger over my inedible attempts.

Coming attractions are mashed potatoes (and unusual ways to make them creamy) and what is called best ever chocolate cake.

3 comments:

  1. Your rating system is funny! Best ever chocolate cake sounds pretty promising.

    I am very proud of Dad. He's growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds like fun, mom. i'm enjoying you rating system too.

    i wish i could be there for the chocolate cake test run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the rating system also...might try using it around here :)

    I'm glad to know your thoughts about the chicken spaghetti (disregard my comments in the post about that!) and I'm very excited to hear about the cake and potatoes!

    ReplyDelete