Sunday, July 5, 2009

No Time Like the Present






I explained my plan to my husband about cooking foods that look fun and our sharing them with others. I had some things in mind from the Pioneer Woman blog (which my daughters introduced me to). We went to the store, and my first attempt is in the oven. I want to give credit where credit is due so here is the recipe from her blog. She is an outstanding photographer too (and also has instructions for that on her site), so pictures accompany explicit directions.





I am not known for safe knife use, and my family generally panics when they see one in my hand, but I sliced and diced all of this myself (except the pimentos) and didn’t lose a single finger.





I will say that I used the lesser amount of red (cayenne pepper) to start, but after tasting before baking—I added a few sprinkles of salt, pepper, Lawry’s, and the red pepper. In case you are one who automatically salts boiling water, she doesn’t recommend that because it can be too salty.


Here is the one for us (which is now in the oven) and my friend who I am taking for her carpal tunnel surgery Wednesday. I have foiled hers for freezing since I will also be taking her and her husband something to eat on Wednesday.




1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to see how you like this...sounds so good, just wish I had read your blog BEFORE going to the grocery today!

    ReplyDelete